Support VWWC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Replacement key?

Users Country Flag

She has the car so I cant see her giving you any money for what she already has. 3 years De facto is considered as being married I think
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    6 months living together in a de facto relationship, and you're liable to halving the kids and assets.

Paul, start doing a rough tally of everything the pair of you have is worth. A $15-20K car may well be the least of your worries once you factor in legal costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    6 months living together in a de facto relationship, and you're liable to halving the kids and assets.

Paul, start doing a rough tally of everything the pair of you have is worth. A $15-20K car may well be the least of your worries once you factor in legal costs.
    Well the kids are 26 & 24 and have their own places so not dependents and they're out of the equation I'm told. Unfortunately my business went tits up last year and I was left owing about $50k and the house we owned wasn't worth what we owed on it so we both went bankrupt as of May this year and gave the keys back to the bank.

We've been in rented accommodation since and to be honest apart from the Golf there isn't much assets really. A 65" and a 42" plasma TV is prob the highest valued items in this house!

In the last 10 years I've worked permanantly, but she's had very sporadic work. For example 4 months of the last 4 years so I'm hoping that will go in my favor if and when we get to settlement of possessions.

I have a company ute at the mo so have transport, but it's supposed to be for work only and not to be used in the evenings or weekends so I'd like the car back to be honest. I paid for the thing and I think she's just taking the piss really holding on to it.

Anyway, dunno if that changes your thoughts on the situation, but am always keen to learn something new! ...

central coast. Lake Macquarie. (Not Port Macquarie.)
    If you bought it from a VW dealer , surly they will have all your details and VIN on records to renew key.

Users Country Flag
    Minimum 7 business days to order a key off the VIN.

Even then, the vehicle will need to be taken to a dealer for key and remote programming.

Users Country Flag
    An Auto Locksmith who is familiar with VAG cars will be able to make a key to your car onsite in around 1 - 1.5 hours. However given the circumstances it might be tricky to get one out to do the job given the circumstances. You will also be paying a little more than the cost of the dealer + tow but you will get it quicker and without having to drag the car onto a flat bead truck.

Yeah there's a 75% chance I'm gonna get the vehicle towed away. I say 75% as I went to her work today and totally sussed out the parking and 75% is just drive in and park, but prob 25% is gated and locked. Being the sly fox she is I reckon she'll get the car parked in one of the secured spots (she works in the car pool dept), so I have to 1) get legal advice, and 2) if ok go and either get the car towed away, or go there myself and remove the plates and keep it registered in my name, hence stopping her driving it or registering it!

You know tbh I'm tempted to just give her the car as this is just soooooo wearing on a body that is already worn from the breakup! ...

Or try and catch her driving it and flame throw the car and be done with both, but you know I wouldn't bet on my odds! ...

Users Country Flag
    "..........
    Last edited by Transporter; 03-01-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Users Country Flag

Repo people are pretty technical these days .i know in Sydney of one who does repossion work for finance companys
    he has scanners which capture the remote signal when a car is unlocked , he then follows the car and when you least expect he open the car and tows it away,
    he said the easiest cars are those with proximity keys

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast