Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Repairing/replacing the Mk6 windscreen

Users Country Flag

Is it a chip or a crack? If it's a chip and close to the edge of the windscreen then generally they won't repair it. If it's in the middle of the screen and it's not massive then there's a good chance they can fix it. Not sure whether cracks can be repaired though.
    BMW Z4 (2019)
    Audi TT quattro (2015), s-line in Nano Grey - sold

Users Country Flag
    Its a crack, about 30cm long from the original chip.

I contacted NRMA (have windscreen insurance, phew) and O'brien glass will be coming to work to have it replaced. Wouldn't have cost a cent if I went non-genuine, but I demanded genuine and will have to pay the difference of $350 for it (which I'm willing to pay). I've read stories about rain sensors and light sensors going, so am afraid of that.

I just hope the bloke coming around the replace the windscreen does a good job and the sensors and everything works as it should after *fingers crossed*
    MY11.5 118TSI - Reflex Silver Metallic, RNS-510, RVC + Park-Assist.
    Delivered March 2011 and on the road

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dribs View Post
    Its a crack, about 30cm long from the original chip.

I contacted NRMA (have windscreen insurance, phew) and O'brien glass will be coming to work to have it replaced. Wouldn't have cost a cent if I went non-genuine, but I demanded genuine and will have to pay the difference of $350 for it (which I'm willing to pay). I've read stories about rain sensors and light sensors going, so am afraid of that.

I just hope the bloke coming around the replace the windscreen does a good job and the sensors and everything works as it should after *fingers crossed*
    Read through the thread about the guy who bought a genuine one off VW and got it fitted for cheaper than a fake one
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    I ordered a windscreen replacement for my R through insurance - Obrian came out and replaced it with an aftermarket screen. It didn't fit properly, the insulation was rubbish so my insurance company purchased the screen from VW and got Obrian to fit the new screen. Just don't go with aftermarket - Its not worth it.
    | 2016 VW Golf R 7 | DSG | Pure White | Leather | Sunroof | Driver Assist | JB4 |
    | 2003 VW Golf SE | Auto | Silver | Sunroof |
    | 2010 VW Golf R 6 | Manual | Leather | ACC | 19s | Black Pack | GIAC Stage 2+ |

+1
    Went OEM through insurance.
    Doesn't make sense having cheap **** sitting in front of your face at 110 kms.
    captain courteous enjoys vag

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234