Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Repairing/replacing the Mk6 windscreen

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ooj View Post
    I got 2 very small chips in my windscreen
    Merged your thread here as the topic already existed and is listed in the MK6 forum index thread.

Users Country Flag
    Just had a chip repaired with RACQ glass. Cost $80 with club discount (normally $100). Had a chip repaired on my 4WD ute with O'Briens 2 months ago - $140. Didn't even know about RACQ service then - sucker me. Any way, asked the RACQ man re replacement windscreen for the MKVI and he indicated that they would only fit OEM if replacement was needed.
    Brian
    Current drive:2016 Golf GTI 40 Years in Pure White

Users Country Flag

Windscreen Replacement for my GTI

Need some advice please. I need a new windscreen for a mk6 GTI and was wondering if anybody knows of a good place to get one fitted in the Brisbane area and what type should I go for if there are any differences.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Users Country Flag
    Just make sure you get a genuine one ,as its heat reflective , it will cost the same if you have windscreen insurance.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Need some advice please. I need a new windscreen for a mk6 GTI and was wondering if anybody knows of a good place to get one fitted in the Brisbane area and what type should I go for if there are any differences.

Cheers

At least they know what they are doing and you can ask them for a free quote before Brisbane - Windscreen Replacement | Windscreen Repair and if you have extra insurance you can claim it back

Users Country Flag
    Thanks guys, I have some results. RACQ after market is $400 and O'Briens is $600 aftermarket but with a blue tint. They are both getting back to me on Tuesday with prices for genuine VW windscreens. Just to mention I did get discount from RACQ because of my club membership.

Ozzy
    2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Users Country Flag
    New windscreen fit today. Ended up buying the windscreen from VW myself and paying RACQ to fit. For some reason if RACQ had got the VW windscreen for me and fit it, it would of cost $180 more. VW even delivered the windscreen to RACQ for me. Not the best job but so far no water leaks and I am OCD about things being perfect. For example passenger side wiper was too high and there is about 2 inch of rubber seal on the inside showing slightly.

2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Users Country Flag
    Can I ask how much from VW ?

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    New windscreen fit today. Ended up buying the windscreen from VW myself and paying RACQ to fit. For some reason if RACQ had got the VW windscreen for me and fit it, it would of cost $180 more. VW even delivered the windscreen to RACQ for me. Not the best job but so far no water leaks and I am OCD about things being perfect. For example passenger side wiper was too high and there is about 2 inch of rubber seal on the inside showing slightly.

2010 MY11 GOLF R - 3DR | DSG |CANDY WHITE | WSID 400m 12.1 @ 111 MPH

Users Country Flag
    Think it was a good price at $480.

Ozzy
    2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Users Country Flag

Windsreen chip

Hi guys,

Just got back from driving up the F3 tonight and got hit by a rock, landing a nice windscreen crack in the front windscreen.

I've never had this happen before. What should I do?

I was thinking of contacting O'Brien glass and/or NRMA and see if they hopefully fill it in. But if not, a replacement glass I really would prefer genuine and not aftermarket.

Please help!
    MY11.5 118TSI - Reflex Silver Metallic, RNS-510, RVC + Park-Assist.
    Delivered March 2011 and on the road

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast