Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear sway bar for MK6 Golf GTI

How about this...

Adjustable ESP

AutoSpeed - Adjustable Stability Control!

Quote Originally Posted by botisto View Post
    Looking at the added stiffness from stock, a 24 mm rear sway bar alone seems like it would make a significant difference, and by what Tim said it sounds like a pretty good option. If a configuration like that (with ESC on) allows a more playful character and the ability to somewhat shift the balance and attitude via the brakes and throttle without just understeering that might just be enough to keep me from boredom. I think as long as I can modulate and feel the balance and weight shifting in the car to allow for better turn in etc I'll be happy.
    Maybe have a chat to Guy (Harding Performance), and other members in your area (the QLD guys do regular meet-ups and happy-laps once a month or more), and see if anyone has their Golf set up more neutrally. Then score yourself a drive and see if a car with these mods would meet your needs?
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yea thanks Adam I'll see if I can sort out a drive. Handling must be one of the most subjective traits and there is only so much you can work out without actually driving the thing

Hi All,
    I have a stock Mk 6 Gti and am looking to improve the handling without compromising the ride during my daily drive (which on Brissie roads can vary from smooth highway to rutted potholed streets).I'm not planning to take my car on a track but wouldn't mind trying to counter roll and eliminate understeer. From reading various threads, it seems that sway bars seems the way to go. Just wanted to get some advice as to which one would be best suited to what I want to do. Far as I can see, HR and Whiteline seem to be the ones to go for but I've been told HR is more track oriented so might be a little too stiff for daily driving. Also, would getting both a front and rear set be better than just a rear ?

Users Country Flag
    Roll bars are a free win - stiffer roll bars don't make the ride harsh in a straight line - but do both to maintain front/rear balance
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers
    APR Stage II ECU - APR 3" exhaust down pipe & high flow catalyst
    APR/HP Roll bars - Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks
    Supaloy lower control arms - Enkei 18*8 Wheels

Users Country Flag
    Both h&r and whiteline and others ALL can be track oriented if u go with extra thick one.

When i had 22mm h&r rsb only, there was hardly any ride comfort difference.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - Super Select 2WD/4WD
    Toyota 86 GTS Performance Pack Moon Slate - RWD
    MINI Cooper S Clubman - FWD

Im thinking of going for the H&R front and rear sway 26/22. ECS tuning has the kit for 460 dollars. Any thoughts ?

Users Country Flag
    Ask an old HQ owner - if you want more oversteer, stick a bag of concrete in the boot.
    Former owner of MY12 GTD with DSG

Users Country Flag

GTI rear sway bar size

Hi all looking to pick up a rear sway bar for my GTI. What size does everyone recommend?? 22mm, 24mm?? The car has lowered springs if that is helpful.
    Is this good bang for buck handling upgrade??

Thanks all

Users Country Flag

This setup was suggested on Pedders’ website and on a Whiteline youtube vid:

BWF20XZ Whiteline 24mm Adjustable Sway Bar (Front)
    BWR21XZ Whiteline 24mm Adjustable Sway Bar (Rear)
    KCA316 Whiteline ALK

What is the best place near the Inner West for suspension – or should I just go to pedders?
    MY18 Golf 7.5R - Ecotune Stage 1
    Mazda RX2 - 13B Bridgeport GTX4202R

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast