Support VWWC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: R8 coil packs for the 118TSI

Users Country Flag

R8 coil packs for the 118TSI

I stumbled across this today:
    Set of R8 coils with adapter

So there seems to be an upgrade path available for the twincharger now... anyone tried this?

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    I stumbled across this today:
    Set of R8 coils with adapter

So there seems to be an upgrade path available for the twincharger now... anyone tried this?
    No, but I replaced the coil packs with OEM ones on mine when I did the engine swap. I've read these might be more reliable for tuned engines but thats a pretty big hit to the wallet.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    But they are pretty...

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

But they are pretty...
    Ha! So pretty. They sure picked function over form at the VAG factory for the engine bay though. Once that 118TSI plastic cover comes off it's a whole lot of ugly compared to the old Italians... We do get the supercharger scream standard though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails R8 coil packs for the 118TSI-alfa-romeo-147-gta-uk-spec-2003e280932005-5-jpg   R8 coil packs for the 118TSI-alfagta-jpg  

So I think it's time for this upgrade. Has anyone actually done this?

Also, does anyone know of any more local suppliers?

Users Country Flag
    BMR Autowerks and VTech Aust sell the R8 coils locally, but with the adapter plate im not aware of any other suppliers other than the link in your first post.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

R8 coil packs for the 118TSI

Mostly for my own later reference:

R8 Coil Pack (OE/Genuine) 4 pack - BMR Autowerkes - Cars Enhancements, Modifications & Upgrades

V-tech seem to have two variants so I need to understand the difference other than being the newer part. Both appear to be listed for the Golf.
    https://vtechaus.com.au/products/aud...f-4-06e905115e

https://vtechaus.com.au/products/aud...f-4-07l905115a
    Last edited by The_Hawk; 16-06-2017 at 07:31 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Sorry to bump up an old thread but did someone find out the difference between 06E905115E and 07L905115A?
    2011 MY12 5 door GTI CSG with DSG, ACC/DCC, 18" Detroits, Bi-Xenons, Dynaudio, R LED tails, Kenwood DDX9017DABS

I never did, but am still interested. This is something that is still in the back of my mind... just feeling a little short of funds right now.

Users Country Flag

I never did, but am still interested. This is something that is still in the back of my mind... just feeling a little short of funds right now.
    Ah gotcha. I just asked V Tech about it and will update this thread when I hear back from them.
    2011 MY12 5 door GTI CSG with DSG, ACC/DCC, 18" Detroits, Bi-Xenons, Dynaudio, R LED tails, Kenwood DDX9017DABS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast