Thread: Panel Beating ( Cut / Welding) Mk6 Golf

Users Country Flag

Panel Beating ( Cut / Welding) Mk6 Golf

Hi guys,
    Can someone shed a light on panel beating rear end of MK6 for instance where boot and quarter panel side are affected.

When repairing is undertaken, and new panels provided can they be cut modified in size and welded or they have to be cut and welded to provided shape from manufacturer. Wondering if I'm allowed to cut inner side panel where appropriate and not entire rear end. Is there a law that states what is not allowed in the repair process.

Parts affected : Rear Cross panel, RH Tail mounting, Luggage compartment floor (RH), Rear Longlitudal mamber (RH), side panel inner and outer.

Cheers

Al

Users Country Flag
    My understanding with these, is that a creased boot floor is enough to write them off as there is a tendency to shift the rear cradle that the suspension bolts to.

If you were to repair, you'd naturally leave as much of the orignal sheet metal in it as possible.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Hey,
    Floor is not too much of a problem but if I had to cut one side I would repair this so its seamless.
    Im more concerned about cutting the inner quarter panel. I would prefer to cut only portion then having to remove entire partition that includes rear door frame and QT panel part.

cheers