Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P2146 Fuel Injector Group A Supply Voltage Circuit Open

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Hi Mate,

I got a multimeter yesterday. Checked the plug with 14 pins and all good there, wire i improvised is also good, wiring at the bottom of the fuse box also good and transferring to the fuse box. Fuse box dead. I put the fuse in and no reading on that particular transfer. Others work but that particular transfer doesn't. It makes sense that should fuse fail as it did that next in line is fuse box. Ordered a new one from VW $140. Got rammed as another dealer interstate wanted $90. Anyway if it works I am still ahead by changing the supercharger clutch/water pump on my own even with buying tools and fuse box. They said 4-5 days to arrive. I hope to have it by the weekend so I can finalise this agony. Will keep you posted. Cheers.

Fuse is F21.

Update, replaced the fuse box and its not the problem. Checked wiring and i am getting 12 volts on all four wires on all four coils. When i start the car i can hear supercharger engage and for a brief second the EMC light goes out but comes back on. Same code. The wires are heading to the ECU so i shall trace conectivity to the ECU. I have a feeling that this may be where the problem lies. Faulty fuse may have toasted it. Any help would be great! Thank you.

Ok so I have replaced the blistered wire with a new one. Also at the 14 pin jack i have isolated the two wires that go to the supercharger clutch. Blue/white and purple/red. When i run a multimeter they are both ok at the other end, supercharger clutch end. What is bizzare is that what appears to be two wires disconected from each end yet the blue one seems to connect with another red/gray one. So what i did was cut the blue/white wire at the 14pin connection to ensure that there is no short circuit there. There isnt. Traced the blue/white and red/purple wire further up towards the engine and right there i poked a hole in a red/gray wire and the other multimieter spike i poked the blue white wire and it beeped as if it was the same wire. Now i am thinking if fuses are out and blue and white wire is disconected at the 14pin jack and at the supercharger clutch, this wire would have no connection to anything. Well it does. Now I am thinking that it melted somewhere in the tubing around the engine and connected with another wire hence this result. I am struggling to think how it can be anything else given it is disconnected. A thing in the ECU may be the cause if fuses were in and fuse box connected to the lower part and plugged in at the other end but no its just a wire disconnected from a to b. This is bizzare. Old man was auto sparkie so i learned a thing or two, but this blows my mind. It appears that there is shotcircuit somewhere in the harness.

Problem solved! Couple of wires fused in the engine harness right underneath the manifold! Replaced burned wires, insulated every other wire, some 50 of them, tested, started, no lights on dash, no codes, works perfect. Maybe I should have bought new harness but don't really want to give money to the vw after the cheat. Needless to say this is my first and last vw. Merc or Bmw is next and if that is too much a Toyota is a safe bet. Thanks for your help guys, this is a second solved issue I shared. Good luck.

Nice work! Persistence pays off.
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12