Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P2146 Fuel Injector Group A Supply Voltage Circuit Open

Users Country Flag

P2146 Fuel Injector Group A Supply Voltage Circuit Open

Hi Guys,

I replaced my supercharger clutch/water pump today.

Namely it used to blow fuses and i got engine code pointing in that direction.

When it blew the fuse it was melting it and i quickly pulled it out.

Now that clutch/pump is replaced and original code is gone but I have this new one P2146 Fuel Injector Group A Supply Voltage Circuit Open.

Vehicle runs rough like on 3 cylinders.

My Golf is 118TSI Mk 6 and done only 18000km.

This car has been a headache.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Zak

Users Country Flag
    Was it running rough before your repair?

Would require some investigation. Could be as simple as a fuse, or as involved as damaged wiring/connector/component.
    Volks Handy
    Servicing - Repairs - Diagnostics - Mobile fault scanning/clearing - A/c work
    10 years experience working for Audi/VW/Skoda
    Now in Perth NOR, Western Australia.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    When the clutch/pump blew it went into limp mode and kept blowing fuses. But one could still drive it without the supercharger and up to 3000 rpm. Bit slow to take off but drive-able. Last time I drove it the fuse for the sc clutch/water pump started melting and after that I quickly pulled it out. Next time I started the car it was running rough. I changed the SC Clutch/ Water pump and that part is now working ok. Codes are gone for that issue. But since fuse melted I have new code P2146 Fuel Injector Group A Supply Voltage Circuit Open and is running rough. ECM llight is on.

Thank you

Ok So after lifting the fuse box under the bonnet. There is smaller black box with pink bits that slides out. Underneath it are cables. One blue cable has blistered and showing wire. So fuse melted this. Not sure what this component is??? I believe it plugs directly in ecu.

Jesus this thing goes in ECU, in the dashboard and towards headlights and beyond. I decided to open the cluster of cables to see where exactly this wire goes and to see if i can replace just the wire. The blue wire seems to be blistered and showing threads most of its length so far some 30cm that i have freed. I have a gut feeling it goes towards the engine given the code that popped up. But then again these things are temperamental! Any advice is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Show a picture of the wire, which fuse it goes into etc and details on the car, then should be able to give you an idea where it goes. Most likely this will be your problem however.
    Volks Handy

Hi mate,

First of all big thank you for trying to help.

2010 VW Golf TSI 118 comfortline/twin charged

Please see pictures below.

My finger is pointing to the fuse location which is the supercharger clutch one. The one with a missing fuse.

Wire runs the entire length from fuse box to the jack below the headlight and i have improvised with a wire which has red insulation tape. I tested it after improvising but still getting the same code. Getting a multimeter today to test connections relating to this wire.

P2146 Fuel Injector Group A Supply Voltage Circuit Open-img_0546-jpgP2146 Fuel Injector Group A Supply Voltage Circuit Open-img_0542-jpgP2146 Fuel Injector Group A Supply Voltage Circuit Open-img_0543-jpgP2146 Fuel Injector Group A Supply Voltage Circuit Open-img_0551-jpgP2146 Fuel Injector Group A Supply Voltage Circuit Open-img_0539-jpg
    Last edited by Rokstar76; 17-04-2017 at 10:48 AM. Reason: added text

Need the number next to the fuse mate
    Volks Handy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast