Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast

Thread: The Official Mk6 Golf DSG Clutch / Shudder / Squeal Issues Thread

It was purchased a month ago through a private seller. I'm pretty annoyed that I will have to shell out at least 3k for a car I just bought for 15k.

Was pretty happy about owning a Golf till now haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeman View Post
    23K and VW serviced!
    Disgusting!
    The general public are the test bed for VW technology........and it's the reason they won't have a bar of extending their warranty period out to 5 years.......regaining some sort of positive publicity at this time would be a no-brainer you'd think.
    Imagine if was ANY brand of Asian vehicle (even Chinese).
    If you are suggesting Asian vehicles don't have issues you are incorrect. I used to work with a very large wholesaler of automatic transmission spare parts, at one point, for 12 months or so, Hyundai were having so much trouble with a certain transmission that they were unable to keep up the supply of parts so the dealers were buying off the company I worked for to perform warranty work.

Speaking of Korean vehicles, Holden Captiva (Daewoo) had numerous issues as did Kia Sorento so much so that all or nearly all of the particular model had engines replaced under warranty. No manufacturer is immune from manufacturing faults including Asian manufacturers.

Manufacturers test vehicles over hundreds of thousands of kilometres prior to releasing them but the reality is, there is no substitiute for real world driving to highlight deficiencies in design.

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag
    Asian manufacurers avoid 'loss of face' VW doesn't bother.
    I've never bothered to take a Japanese new vehicle back for any genuine service ......I always did it myself - going back to the first '73 Civic......boringly reliable and not something you'd boast about.
    Thats the difference.
    It was so simple - all they had to do was back their own product with a 5 (not 7) year warranty and they would have cheered up so many owners, and we know why they won't.
    Last edited by Ryeman; 25-08-2016 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeman View Post
    Asian manufacurers avoid 'loss of face' VW doesn't bother.
    I've never bothered to take a Japanese new vehicle back for any genuine service ......I always did it myself - going back to the first '73 Civic......boringly reliable and not something you'd boast about.
    Thats the difference.
    What difference? VW repair or replace the affected item same as the Asian companies. There are many examples of VW rectifying defects outside the terms of the manufacturer's warranty just as there are with Asian manufacturers.

It's not about them being nice guys and there's no face saving involved, if it were not for our consumer laws, ALL of the manufacturers would reject claims outside the warranty period as they used to in the days before our consumer laws came into being. I can attest to this having purchased a lemon Japanese car back in the old days, their attitude was basically get stuffed, we're not interested.

Your point was that VW use the general public as a test bed for their technology, reality is that all manufacturers do just that.

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag
    VW keeps its 'recalls' inhouse as service updates because there are just so many of them.
    I don't recall many AllRoads being tested in Australia's outback for the same reason a 5 year warranty is a pipe dream.

VW goodwill repairs budget has likely been decimated by dieselgate. They will do anything to avoid paying for out of warranty repairs.

Standard response these days is zero goodwill. They will try it on and up to you to fight it if you choose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    VW goodwill repairs budget has likely been decimated by dieselgate. They will do anything to avoid paying for out of warranty repairs.

Standard response these days is zero goodwill. They will try it on and up to you to fight it if you choose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was feeling pretty frustrated with my 2012 Jetta's DSG 2nd gear shudder and complained about it to VW Dealership by stating that i don't want to cause problems but i am concerned about my gearbox. I didn't push the matter.

They booked me in and said they may be able to help if they can prove the problem and VW Germany approves it. As far as i thought, i had no hope in getting anything out of VW because the car is 9 months out of Warranty (55000km ODO) and to be honest, why would they care that the car shudders a bit on take off. The car still drives...

Feeling Depressed and anxious, i see VW's number call and dread the conversation that would occur...

They are replacing my clutch pack and my car will be ready to be picked up tomorrow. No pushing. No questions asked.

This may be a temporary fix, but i am happy that they at least did this. This occurred today.
    (History of dealership and me - 2 cars bought through dealership over 10 years and always serviced there)

Users Country Flag
    VW has said they are cracking down on sub standard dealerships.........sounds like a 'handball' to me.

Users Country Flag
    i also start to feel shudder on 2nd gear with DSG7, only when im on "D" ... The car is 1.4tsi 118kw dsg7 2011year, 90,000km.
    Is there a permanent fix to this problem ? And how much will cost?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lordlosh View Post
    i also start to feel shudder on 2nd gear with DSG7, only when im on "D" ... The car is 1.4tsi 118kw dsg7 2011year, 90,000km.
    Is there a permanent fix to this problem ? And how much will cost?
    I had the same problem a few months after I bought it.l.from the 1st owner about 2 1/2 years ago. I took it back to the dealer where the car was purchased and serviced. The clutch was replaced previously as part of a recall. The deal replaced it again as the replacement clutch was around 2 years old.

The car lost drive while cruising at 100km on the freeway and was towed to the dealer last month. A new gearbox was needed and it was covered by VW HQ good will.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast