Thread: Noise on Engine start, stays for 2-3 seconds , quite intermittent

Users Country Flag

Noise on Engine start, stays for 2-3 seconds , quite intermittent

Hi vwWaterColled Members,
    I bought a 2nd hand VW Golf (2010, TSI, turbo, 118 , 85000Kms) about a year back.The car had no issues and looked perfectly fine up until couple of weeks back, when it started to make Noise when the car was running. Took it to a Local Mechanic, suggested that the Water Pump was causing the issue and he cannot replace the same needs specilist from VW to replace. Took it to VW Service centre, As advised by me , the Mechanics changed the Water Pump (which they later claimed had no issues at All) along with changing the radiator (Apparently there was a leak-i wasn't convinced, Car has been garaged for over a year and no signs of coolant leaking on the floor or bottom of the car panel). Anyways, i got the car home after service, after couple of hours the car started making a loud noise on startup (engine) which lasts couple of seconds. This issue is quite intermittent and does not happen often. Took it back to VW service centre advised them of the issue they could not identify the issue at thier end. Advised me to take a video(I cannot attach the Video on this Forum- seems it is not allowed). Just wanted Inputs from the members to see if anyone has a similar issue present or Past. This wasn't a problem before i took it to mechanics and am unable to convince them that it is related to waterpump (as this and Radiator was changed) by them. I have been diverted by them to get the timing chain changed(apparantely timing chains last for the life of a car)
    Any inputs will be really appreciated for me to put my case forward to VW Service centre.

YouTube

Regards,
    Dips1978
    Last edited by dips1978; 07-05-2018 at 01:06 PM.