Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: MK6 Replacement Brake Pad Thread

Users Country Flag

what ^^^ said ATE Ceramic with the matching ATE rotors. Then you get a mileage guarantee as well
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Where is a good place to order ATE from?
    Polo GTI
    T-Roc R
    Tiguan R

Users Country Flag
    Eurobahn or HSY.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    Eurobahn or HSY.
    thankyou
    Polo GTI
    T-Roc R
    Tiguan R

I've seen lot's of comment's about Km's the stock brake's do. Well i can say that i'm nearly at 115 thou k on my Mk6 Gti and still on the originals. I do not race the car but don't baby it around either and car doesn't do a lot of highway travel. At 95K i thought rear's were done but when wheel removed and checked pads were still 3-4 mm left so i left it.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowda View Post
    I've seen lot's of comment's about Km's the stock brake's do. Well i can say that i'm nearly at 115 thou k on my Mk6 Gti and still on the originals. I do not race the car but don't baby it around either and car doesn't do a lot of highway travel. At 95K i thought rear's were done but when wheel removed and checked pads were still 3-4 mm left so i left it.
    It's all driving style, looking up the road, reading traffic, traffic density, etc.

I'm at 175k with original pads. They still have plenty left on them.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Hey All,

Anyone had experience with Optimal Pads on their mk6 gti? My mechanic can supply them a fair bit cheaper than the OEM VW ones, says they are just as good as VW originals. Any recommendations for good brake shops in Sydney east area welcome too.

Cheers
    JW
    Mk VI GTI 2 door Manual, Park Assist, RVC, RNS 510

Users Country Flag
    If any Mk6 GTI owners are interested...im selling a brand spanking new set of Akebono ceramic brake pads to suit the Mk6 GTI. I purchased these earlier this year to fit to my 2010 model GTI but decided to sell the car before i got the chance to fit them. These are very high quality ceramic pads with low dust properties. Purchased from ECS Tuning in USA for approx $350 AUD (will provide invoice for the buyer).

Selling for $250 and ill include postage within Australia.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

I’ve been quoted $635 for front brake pads and discs on my MK6 GTI at a local dealership and wondered if pricing is reasonable. I’ve had them on for close to 120K km now.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Youdotinmymirror View Post
    I’ve been quoted $635 for front brake pads and discs on my MK6 GTI at a local dealership and wondered if pricing is reasonable. I’ve had them on for close to 120K km now.
    You could replace them yourself with high quality parts for about 1/2 that price. Or if you are not mechanically minded, get one of the many Euro workshops to do it for you and you will still save $100-150 over the price from VW.

What year model is your Mk6 GTI? The early ones had a different rear brake caliper and disk therefore the pads for the early ones are different. From late 2010 onwards they used a slightly smaller rear disk and different caliper (and therefore a different rear pad). The front brakes did not change through - so if you are just replacing the fronts at this stage you dont need to worry.

Have a look here - this is filtered for a 2011 onwards Mk6 GTI: https://brakesdirect.com.au/aus/cata...odel=MY11-MY13

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast