Page 1 of 120 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: MK6 GTI - Rattle upon acceleration - Resolved via TPI: 2021062/7

MK6 GTI - Rattle upon acceleration - Resolved via TPI: 2021062/7

Moderator Edit by Corey_R on 24/08/2011 17:30

This problem is now resolved. Please see my post here summarising the solution.

Original post follows below:

Hi,

I've had my MK6 GTI for a few days and have noticed a slight rattle when I accelerate hard.

It sounds like the E46 M3 that rattling sound when accelerating hard.

Any idea or anyone have the same issue.....

Could it be that it's still new?

Fred
    Last edited by Corey_R; 24-08-2011 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Official fix available

Hey, i got mine about two weeks back. I had the same issue and i though something was majorly wrong. All it is is the front tyres losing traction and the axle sorta bounces. I think that it tends to happen in FWD cars. I'm not 100% yet but im pretty sure thats what it is.
    So no need to worry.
    "I just want to make it that little bit better, and little bit more unique."

Quote Originally Posted by GTI2708 View Post
    Hey, i got mine about two weeks back. I had the same issue and i though something was majorly wrong. All it is is the front tyres losing traction and the axle sorta bounces. I think that it tends to happen in FWD cars. I'm not 100% yet but im pretty sure thats what it is.
    So no need to worry.
    Thats usually pretty solid wheelspin and you need a TAI to fix it I believe.
    I don't think many people here a familiar with E46 M3's also Not to the point of knowing the rattle they maake under hard acceleration.

What was the problem in the M3 that caused the rattle?
    150k car has rattle, perhaps 50k car does too?

Depends if it sounds detrimental or just like interior rattles.

Plus the 2.0T sounds like a tractor anyway if the mk6 soudns like a mk5

I may have had a different issue then. I accelerated quite hard in the wet and it semed like the front of the car jolted and bounced. I was told by my good friend who has been a mechanic for over 30 years specailising in german vehichles tht it was what i explained above, so unless he's wrong (which i highly doubt because he is veryy knowledgable and trustworthy) u may have a different problem all together.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah - you're talking about a totally different thing.

The original poster mentions a 'slight rattle' rather than a jolting bounce
    Btw, which tyres do you have?

I have the stock Potenzas that come with the GTI Mk6.

I may have had a different issue then. I accelerated quite hard in the wet and it semed like the front of the car jolted and bounced. I was told by my good friend who has been a mechanic for over 30 years specailising in german vehichles tht it was what i explained above, so unless he's wrong (which i highly doubt because he is veryy knowledgable and trustworthy) u may have a different problem all together.
    Yeah you are getting axle tramp my friend. MkV's do it which is how I know what you mean. Tehre are Torque Arm Inserts and Anti-lift kits available to help keep those frontsp planted.
    Well I know there are for mkv, shouldn't take too much/too long for the mk6 kits to be ready.

Yeah interesting point, what tyres have you got? I experienced the axle tramp with Conti CSC2's.

Still got the OP to sort out though...

I have Bridgestone Potenza 205/50 i think....they come with the car.
    How much did those packs cost on the Mkv and how did u get them?

I have Bridgestone Potenza 205/50 i think....they come with the car.
    How much did those packs cost on the Mkv and how did u get them?
    205/50 geezus!

Lol, it's my old mans car. His is 05 BMP with 30k kms on it. Doens't get driven enough to warrant it.

Ahhm, try www.rennenhaus.com, enquire there, Ian has contact with people in the states who I'm sure are developing parts for them.

Tim at Dubaddiction (froum sponsor)

ECS
    TMTuning

There are a few.

Alternatively (I haven't been there, no need) see if there is a mk6 section on VwVortex

I'd try Ian as far as your TAI goes first though

Users Country Flag

I have the stock Potenzas that come with the GTI Mk6.
    Yeah - I had that issue with the Potenzas too. Changed to Federal SS595's (cause I couldn't afford Continental Sport Contact 2's at the time) and the issue went away. I've got the CSC2's on my Polo GTI now and don't have the issue either.

Page 1 of 120 1231151101 ... LastLast