Page 51 of 120 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: MK6 GTI - Rattle upon acceleration - Resolved via TPI: 2021062/7

Good call, Corey. That was embarrassing for all concerned.
    GTI MKVI Candy White | 5 door | DSG | ACC | 18" Detroits | Leather | Electric Seat | Sunroof | RNS510 | Dynaudio | Park Assist | RVC | MDI

Users Country Flag
    Hi Guys,

Well after selling the 118 after 6 Weeks of ownership, and moved to Canada now, I've picked up a brilliant little 2011 GTI, fully loaded, just a touch over 35k CAD, and that DAMN rattle is there, happens between 2k and 3k on the rev meter, only while accelerating. Took it back to the dealer - had to get the snow tyres fitted - and even took the head mechanic out to show him the noise. Gents you have no idea how frustrating when hes sitting in the car, and saying he cant here anything!!!, and says that all normal part of the engine. Quite frankly it embarrassing to be driving a new car that sounds like bit are falling off it as you drive around!
    2011 VW GTI Canadian Spec - DSG, Luxury Package, Technology Package, 18' Detroit's with All Seasons, Rear Park Assist, Monster Mats, Tints, and Continental Snow/Ice Tyres on 16in Alloys

Users Country Flag
    After thinking about a few options I have lodged a formal complaint with The Department of Commerce. Hope to hear back from them in a couple of days. Will keep you all informed, I tried to just "live" with it but its there and it annoys the sh*ts out of me.

Car is also going into Golfwagen next week to check out and see if they can't find this rattle and if there might be some aftermarket part that can fix it. If so I might just cough up the money and get it fixed, so sick of this problem.

On that note Wangara VW really is the most useless dealership I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. From the moment I walked in there where it was just to much hassle for them to move a couple of cars so that I can take a car for a test drive, to the point now where its taken more that 5 days just to book my car in for its 7500km's service its been nothing but an unpleasant experience.

Users Country Flag
    That is odd, i have only ever heard good reports of Wangara VW.

Apparently a new downpipe will solve the problem but i don't know if that is official or not.

Users Country Flag
    I heard about the downpipe fixing it however they recon its just drowning the rattle noise out rather than fixing it.

I have also never heard anything bad about Wangara however my experience with them have been horrible. Guess that is what you get when a dealership just doesn't want to know about you after they took all your money

Users Country Flag
    Have you had any joy with Department of Commerce, as I am just about to lodge a formal complaint as well and they advised me that the more of us that lodge a complaint, the more likely something will happen.

Users Country Flag
    Ill be lodging a complain with Consumer Affairs Victoria in the next week or so. Dont expect that much to come from it but you never know.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ddre78 View Post
    Ill be lodging a complain with Consumer Affairs Victoria in the next week or so. Dont expect that much to come from it but you never know.
    I see in the APR ECU Upgrade thread that you've just got the APR Downpipe. Let us know once you've got that fitted how it affects the rattle issue.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Corey_R View Post
    I see in the APR ECU Upgrade thread that you've just got the APR Downpipe. Let us know once you've got that fitted how it affects the rattle issue.
    Yes however ill prob get the guys at Volkspower to attach the wheel weight at the same time just in case the dump pipe doesn’t fix it. Save the guys some time and me some money, instead of having to get back in there to fit it. Either way will keep you posted. I’m getting desperate to fix it now, with the cat back, its louder.
    Last edited by ddre78; 06-12-2010 at 06:52 PM.

Page 51 of 120 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast