Support VWWC

Page 101 of 120 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1193

Thread: MK6 GTI - Rattle upon acceleration - Resolved via TPI: 2021062/7

Users Country Flag

Spoke to my local. My clip is in. Next week gets installed. About time. On another note I haven't had any whistling for a while now. Seems to have disappeared!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2011 5DR GOLF GTI DSG 6 CANDY WHITE - LEATHER, SUNROOF, 18" DETROITS, MDI, BT

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Presume the RS is ok , same motor .
    the vRS has the same issue, however skoda won't recognise/accept the issue, vw won't fix it because they think the RS has a different engine to the MK6 GTi!!
    if only skoda & vw aus had a clue (technical knowledge) about the products they sell, and provide the appopriate support.

thankfully mine isn't anywhere near as loud as the GTis, according to the vw techo who did a test drive with me.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    Got the call today from Paul Wakelings at Cambelltown (after i emailed them yesterday prompted by this forum after reading there were clips in stock in other Sydney dealerships) , im booked in to have the anti rattle fitted next Thursday !!!
    Sold - CW Mk6 MY12 GTI 5 Door DSG, Sunroof, Leather, RNS510, MDI, Tints, Lakin plate holders, BT & RVC, projected 'GTI' door lights

Current - Lapiz blue mk7 Golf R DSG fully optioned.

Got mine fitted yesterday at Wakelings Campbelltown. Rattle gone
    MK6 Golf GTI ///Adidas | 9N Polo GTI | 96 Seat Ibiza 8v GTI
    Quote of the day, from my wife.... "Stop washing your car... it's going to rain anyway"

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ICEDIST View Post
    Got mine fitted yesterday at Wakelings Campbelltown. Rattle gone
    Excellent !!, cant wait....................how long did they have you car for ?
    Sold - CW Mk6 MY12 GTI 5 Door DSG, Sunroof, Leather, RNS510, MDI, Tints, Lakin plate holders, BT & RVC, projected 'GTI' door lights

Current - Lapiz blue mk7 Golf R DSG fully optioned.

Users Country Flag
    Another happy camper

Got my clip fitted this morning at Barloworld Glen Waverley.
    Only took an hour all up.
    No test drive before or after, so drove away initially a bit nervous as mine had definitely got louder over the last 18 mths.
    Radio off, initially heard same familiar noise only slightly.....oh nooooo, about to turn around and go back but drove a bit further and then nothing......noise gone!

Kept testing rest of my 30 min drive home, noise FREE....
    It's going to take a couple of drives to sink in that it's really gone but finally the car is how it should have been on day one

Good luck to the rest of you waiting for your clips, I'm sure you won't be disappointed
    Current ride..MY10 Golf MkVI GTI | 5 dr | CW | < DSG >| Leather| Dynaudio | Sensors | Tint | R tails
    Current ride...MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI | 5 dr | CW | Xenons | Alcantara Leatherette /4

Users Country Flag
    my GTI is in as we speak to get the clip in. FINALLY!
    Lookin forward to the drive back from the dealer.
    T Go
    MY11.5 Golf GTI | Bluefin Stage 2 | Pipercross Stage 2 Intake Pipe | AFE Pro 5R Filter | SPM Downpipe | VWR Sport Springs | H&R 22mm RSB | R LED Tail Lights

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jacs View Post
    Excellent !!, cant wait....................how long did they have you car for ?
    Dropped the car off at 7.30, they called up around midday to say it was done.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoSlick View Post
    ^^^^ What I said above using my Autoslick Login
    MK6 Golf GTI ///Adidas | 9N Polo GTI | 96 Seat Ibiza 8v GTI
    Quote of the day, from my wife.... "Stop washing your car... it's going to rain anyway"

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AutoSlick View Post
    Mine was the same... 8 - 12.
    They said it needed to cool down before they could get in there to fit the clip.

I've just picked it up, and its rattle free.
    not exciting, not amazing... just free of rattles.
    Like it always should've been.
    T Go
    MY11.5 Golf GTI | Bluefin Stage 2 | Pipercross Stage 2 Intake Pipe | AFE Pro 5R Filter | SPM Downpipe | VWR Sport Springs | H&R 22mm RSB | R LED Tail Lights

Page 101 of 120 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast