Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: MK6 Golf Towing / Tow Bar thread

Bumping again, almost a year later!

Have a genuine towbar kit installed now, works well. Been looking to tow a camper trailer which means I'll need an electric brake controller due to the weight going over 600kg, has anyone fitted one of these themselves?

Also have air bag inserts for the rear coil springs coming, will post pics once installed if anyone is interested.

A tuned GTI is an epic tow car

Users Country Flag
    I have an electric brake controller fitted to another vehicle. You'll need a power supply from the battery and a brake signal usually taken from the brake pedal switch. You will also need to look at where to fit the module (mine is behind the glove box but is not a Golf so check for space)and mine has a control knob that fitted into the console. Redarc TowPro or TowPro Elite come highly recommended (mine is a Towpro) The only issue I can imagine would come if connecting a brake controller confused the onboard electronics and threw errors.
    2010 90TSI Manual / Comfort Pack / United Grey
    RICE - Leave the useless wings to the Penguins...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by craig_the_german View Post
    I have an electric brake controller fitted to another vehicle. You'll need a power supply from the battery and a brake signal usually taken from the brake pedal switch. You will also need to look at where to fit the module (mine is behind the glove box but is not a Golf so check for space)and mine has a control knob that fitted into the console. Redarc TowPro or TowPro Elite come highly recommended (mine is a Towpro) The only issue I can imagine would come if connecting a brake controller confused the onboard electronics and threw errors.
    Did you wire it up yourself or had an auto electrician do it? I'm contemplating just doing it myself,

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910