Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mk6 Golf Battery Thread

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

thanks Adam, yeah hopefully just a case have been doing a stack of very short drives in the last month or so. we gave it a decent run today up hte hills and back so hoping all good tomorrow ! otherwise might drop it in for a quick check
    Once had a Red mk6 GTI + DSG + leather + sunroof + mdi + towbar

now have a gorgeous Red Merc A250 AMG Sport

Users Country Flag
    My battery seems to be on it's way out. The last week or so the starter has been noticeably struggling. Mine is only 20 months old (well, about 27 months since manufacture) with 47,500km. Would that be a warranty issue?

I just measured the voltage, I'm getting 12.4v with engine off, and 13.75v with engine on. But in saying that, when I started the engine this time, there was little or no struggle from the starter motor...
    Last edited by Tobes_WIR35; 29-03-2013 at 10:48 AM.
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

I have a 2007 Audi TT and it's still on it's original battery. Had it checked at the 5 yr mark and it's still OK(Varta battery).
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes_WIR35 View Post
    My battery seems to be on it's way out. The last week or so the starter has been noticeably struggling. Mine is only 20 months old (well, about 27 months since manufacture) with 47,500km. Would that be a warranty issue?

I just measured the voltage, I'm getting 12.4v with engine off, and 13.75v with engine on. But in saying that, when I started the engine this time, there was little or no struggle from the starter motor...
    hi tobes I should have posted back, if any consolation I ended up taking my golf gti back about 3-4 weeks ago when it really struggled to crank over, yet still eventually starting. the service centre kept overnight found some relay that was playing up found the battery pretty drained gave it a good charge and sent me on my way. but that wastn end of it. week before last, 1 week before tradig in my car the thing again struggled to start and even made the odd clicking noise cranking over before starting. took it straight back to the service centre which kept over night again and then asked me to come pick it up the next day. said it needed a brand new battery and yeah under warranty...one week before warranty was to run out ! hehe anyways the last week had the car not one issue would always just fire straight up.... so to answer your question, yes batteries are covered under warranty

Users Country Flag
    Took a 300km round trip to visit my parents. Battery appears to have received a good charge. I will get the voltmeter out tomorrow and test it. Still considering buying a battery charger to give it a proper charging.
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Golf R emergency battery replacement in Sydney.

About an hour ago I jumped in my 2010 Golf R and it wouldn't start. Seeing as it has 50,000kms and 3 full years on it I'm not too disappointed.

What I am disappointed in is the NRMA battery guy didn't have the proper battery in his van. I realise it isn't possible to carry every possible battery with them. VW said they won't tow the car to the dealership for a confirmed battery issue so I'm very much on my own on this one. Which brings me to my question.

Can anyone recommend a reliable 24 hour battery replacement service in Sydney? Additionally, I haven't been able to find the size of the battery that came stock. All of the online battery selectors seem to omit the Golf R. Does anyone have this information?

Thanks!

when you say 3 years. is it still under warranty ? my golf gti I was having start problems and drove it to dealer couple of times to get sorted and eventually a week before warranty ran out they replaced the battery with a new one. can you push this as a warranty issue ? seems silly that their batteries run out of puff right on 3 years !

Users Country Flag

Re: Golf R emergency battery replacement in Sydney.

3 years on a car battery is good, most only come with 12 months warranty

Oh yeah hollar for a Marshall for delivered batteries 24x 7
    Current Ride: MY 16 Daytona Pearl Grey Audi S3- Performance Pack 1, Sunroof and Driver assist

Users Country Flag
    This might seem like a bit of a daft question, coming from an electrical engineer, but would it cause any harm to my car if I took the battery out for a month? I'm going overseas and I thought it might be a good theft prevention technique (we only have a single garage and the wifey's car lives there). No battery, no drivey. Then again, it would also stop the alarm from working, so it's probably six of one, half a dozen of the other.
    Previous:

Users Country Flag

I went away for a month also, best thing is to leave it connected in the car and hook up an auto cut off battery charger to the car while you're away. I did this and came home to a nice fresh battery and no loss of radio presets etc. etc.

See if you can find somewhere secure to park it or put the wife's car outside lol
    2008 VRS Wagon. Yellow, very yellow!
    Forever blowing bubbles.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast