Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to: retrofit indirect Tire Pressure Monitoring in 5 minutes. (7K6)

Users Country Flag

10/10 for your work on this logger.

Users Country Flag
    logger, absolutely sterling work . Excellent mod. Did it in a minute on my UK Scirocco.
    VW SCIROCCO 1.4TSI - DSG (MY2010) UK, East Cheshire.
    Build Complete October Wk43/09, Driving 4th November - Wk44/09. Sorted !

Quote Originally Posted by cameronp View Post
    ..I don't suppose you discovered along the way whether or not the GTI's I-can't-believe-it's-not-a-limited-slip-diff electronic wizardry can be switched on in lesser Golfs too?
    I wish mate. Not to say it cannot be done, but most mk6 GTIs have a different ABS revision number (00H45001) to my 118TSI (00H35001). OTOH this could just reflect later builds dates. May not preclude XDL being in there but just not active in later 118s. In fact just rechecked and found a US MK6 in my database with an older Component, but the exact same part and revision number as mine. ESP MK60EC1 H35 0104 |1K0 907 379 AE | 00H35001
    So thats promising.

Quote Originally Posted by RW1 View Post
    logger, absolutely sterling work . Excellent mod. Did it in a minute on my UK Scirocco.
    Hee Hee. Glad to see we have gone global already.
    Golf Mk6 118 TSI DSG |APR Stage I ECU Upgrade | HEX-USB+CAN

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by logger View Post
    I wish mate. Not to say it cannot be done, but most mk6 GTIs have a different ABS revision number (00H45001) to my 118TSI (00H35001). OTOH this could just reflect later builds dates. May not preclude XDL being in there but just not active in later 118s. In fact just rechecked and found a US MK6 in my database with an older Component, but the exact same part and revision number as mine. ESP MK60EC1 H35 0104 |1K0 907 379 AE | 00H35001
    So thats promising.
    Interestingly, mine has a lower revision number to yours, and a different part number and component: ESP MK60EC1 H30 0107 | 1K0 907 379 AJ | 00H30001. That's on a Feb 2010 build. My coding string is different from both yours and the other sports pack Golf you quoted in your earlier posts, too.
    Golf 118 TSI DSG, white with sports pack.

Thanks a lot for this Logger - look forward to implementing it on mine.

+rep

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by logger View Post
    Download, unzip and place this custom 1K0-907-379-60EC1F.lbl into C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Labels\User. You will then be able to see the status of your TPMS system. This is all equally applicable to cars that have the factory button as well
    Some people may have to change the name of the file - it needs to match the part number - I had to change mine to 1K0-907-379-AJ

Being able to get the TPMS working was what tipped me over the edge in getting a Ross Tech Vag-Com . It's a great diagnostics tool and also works on the OBD-II data on the wifes Mazda.

Thanks for the work on this one Logger.

Users Country Flag
    THE XDL would certainly be a fantastic system to be able to 'switch on' or upgrade to some how. I find the good ol 118 tsi can get a little to eager at times and is scaring me out of getting the ECU upgraded, mind you i should probably wait for my 118tsi to have an engine in it's bay again before thinking of such things lol

Stoney!
    6 Sp Manual 118 TSi
    Colour: United Grey
    Build Date: August 09 Delivery Date: 16th Oct 09
    ODO at last fill: 2555km
    Avg Fuel Cons at last fill: 8.6

Quote Originally Posted by prise View Post
    Some people may have to change the name of the file - it needs to match the part number - I had to change mine to 1K0-907-379-AJ
    Actually Prise, it should not need to match the part number any more. I suspect you grabbed the first version of my label file which was called 1K0-907-379-AE. It did need to match. But a then few days ago I became aware of the issue. So I renamed it to 1K0-907-379-60EC1F. Using this name, as long as you have the latest VCDS update (v10.6.1) then it is supposed to work for all cars known by Ross-tech to have the mk60EC1 fitted. They use a redirect system where 9 different controller part numbers including AD, AE, AH, AJ, AM, AN, AP, AT, & BA all get sent to look at 1K0-907-379-60EC1F if it is exists. So if you were to rename your K0-907-379-AE back to 1K0-907-379-60EC1F it should work on your car.

Quote Originally Posted by prise View Post
    Being able to get the TPMS working was what tipped me over the edge in getting a Ross Tech Vag-Com . It's a great diagnostics tool and also works on the OBD-II data on the wifes Mazda.

Thanks for the work on this one Logger.
    Your welcome.

Did you get buy micro CAN interface or the more expensive hex? Just wondering if my Micro Can will work for OBD-II on other brands.
    Golf Mk6 118 TSI DSG |APR Stage I ECU Upgrade | HEX-USB+CAN

Users Country Flag
    I got the micro can interface - still wondering if I should have spent the extra $ on the hex. It works on the 2003 Mazda 6, but sometimes needs a couple of goes to establish the link - I haven't played around with any of the comms settings yet.

Yeah, sometimes when on a twistie road with a 100km/h limit I'll brake for a sharp corner - it feels like it's slowing down a lot, but I glance at the speedo and I'm still doing over 70 - gotta brake some more and can feel the ESP working through the corner.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast