Support VWWC

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Headlight / Headlamp Upgrades (Bi-Xenon / HID / LED / Replicas)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Has View Post
    The Golf R doesn't come with DRL? i hate the GTI DRL lol
    I hate the GTI DRL's too - that's why i wanted the non-DRL version of these headlights which are essentially the Golf R headlights. The Golf R's do have a DRL but its a separate strip lower down in the bumper bar (not part of the headlights).
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Oh yeah its where the fogs are located... I am usually not a fan of drls, specially if its halogen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    I've just done a halogen to Golf R style projector headlight swap on my 2010 GTI. Also used a good quality Morimoto 35w Canbus 5500k HID kit. I am very happy with the headlights overall.

My headlights are Eagle Eye brand and look exactly the same as the Golf R silver housings. I am extremely fussy, and have been looking into this upgrade for about 12 months - so i was pleasantly surprised to know that fitment was great, quality also looks great, plugs and wiring were concealed and neat, and the light output is much better than the factory halogens.

I have seen the Vacar branded lights in person and the quality never won me over - plus lots of people have issues with condensation and clear coat peeling. I purchased these through a Sydney based business on Facebook. VCDS Coding & Diagnostics Sydney is the Facebook page to look for if you are interested.

This looks AMAZING!

Does the single projector have the high beam in there too? Just curious how it would work to raise the beam without auto leveling..
    I Sell Nissans Skodas.
    IT'S HEREEEEE 18' Skoda Octavia 110tsi Manual Hatch | Race Blue | Tech Pack | Luxury Pack | Panoramic Roof | Turini Alloys | Various VCDS Tweaks | RS Spoiler | Mars Bar Holder
    R.I.P; 13' VW Polo 77tsi Comfortline Manual | Candy White | Sport Pack | Pioneer AVH X3800DAB + Clarion Bass Pack

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LukePolo View Post
    This looks AMAZING!

Does the single projector have the high beam in there too? Just curious how it would work to raise the beam without auto leveling..
    The headlights are bi-xenon, same as the factory setup - which means both low beam and high beam are in the single projector and within the projector there is a shutter than opens to allow more light to come out when hi beam is engaged.

As for levelling, you have a dial in the cabin which allows the light level to be adjusted up/down, and then the headlights themselves have a manual adjustment on them so you can get them aimed correctly.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 16-09-2016 at 03:53 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag

retrofit bixenons into halogen equipped car

Finally got a set of bixenons for my GTI, im trying to find somewhere that can carry out the installation for me in the Sydney area.... Does anyone know where i can take my car?
    Polo GTI
    T-Roc R
    Tiguan R

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by VR28LT View Post
    Finally got a set of bixenons for my GTI, im trying to find somewhere that can carry out the installation for me in the Sydney area.... Does anyone know where i can take my car?
    first things first, make sure you have the rest of the parts to ensure that the bixenons can work. such as uprated cecm with high beam shutter pins, leveler sensor, harnesses, etc etc.

this link should give more insights into what is actually involved (assuming the bixenons are genuine ones):

DIY - OEM Bixenon Headlights, CECM Upgrade and AFS
    Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - Super Select 2WD/4WD
    Toyota 86 GTS Performance Pack Moon Slate - RWD
    MINI Cooper S Clubman - FWD

Users Country Flag
    Its all plug and play. No additional parts needed. The only thing i had to do was a coding change with VCDS to tell the car i didn't have DRL's so that i didn't get an error on the dash for a faulty light bulb.
    Hey Lucas_R what was the coding used? I've got the Chinese replicas with the DRL strip and can't get any coding... maybe yours might work for me

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCrash View Post
    Hey Lucas_R what was the coding used? I've got the Chinese replicas with the DRL strip and can't get any coding... maybe yours might work for me
    This is the coding i followed and worked on my car.....only issue is that i cant remember which of the following options was the one that worked.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    This is the coding i followed and worked on my car.....only issue is that i cant remember which of the following options was the one that worked.
    Thanks I'll give this a go. I've got the R tails so we'll see if it works too with them...

Users Country Flag

Ok so today ICEWOLF had a go at trying to get the LED's running. We tried everything without much luck at all. We changed Byte 18 from 04 to 3B to confirm that all "lights" were working, but this gave the bulb out warning, and also meant that the brake lights stayed on. but yes the LED's/DRLs do work.

We followed all the links;
    Product Review - Chinese Replica MK6 Golf HID Headlamps for halogen cars
    VW Golf Mk6 Bixenon Upgrade - Album on Imgur

But could not get them on on any setting be it auto/parkers/manual.

On the way home I noticed some "lights" were on when I was stopped behind another car... I've pulled over to have a look. Great their on!!!! YAY a win... I think

Now here's the thing. This was on Auto lights, once I turned over to parkers and the manual lights - the "DRLs/parkers" were off. these are really faint compared to when we had them on under byte 14 3B. But also the headlights are on so its not really run lights.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536