Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Golf GTD

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BOV17 View Post
    Hey everyone.

Just picked up a 2010 GTD for a bargain but needs some cosmetic tlc.

Anyone know best place to get new dsg shifter and surround as well as the sun glasses holder?

Also looking to upgrade to the RNS510. Currently has RCD510 and its crap!

Also wanting to upgrade the front speakers too. Best replacements?

Appreciate your advise and assistance!

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    I'd be looking at the rcd330+ over the rns510 these days.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    I'd be looking at the rcd330+ over the rns510 these days.
    Hadn't even seen them to be honest. Mine doesn't have the Bluetooth module I dont believe. Is that still a separate requirement for rcd330+?

Users Country Flag
    Would recommend the RCD330. I installed one in my 09 Comfortline. Plug and play, works with steering wheel controls, has Apple CarPlay and built in bluetooth and microphone so a seperate module isn't necessary. Got mine from Aliexpress for a steal. There's a couple different versions around though. Make sure you get the one with the "app" button as this is apparently a later revision.
    2009 Mk6 Golf 103TDI- Silver Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by BOV17 View Post
    Hadn't even seen them to be honest. Mine doesn't have the Bluetooth module I dont believe. Is that still a separate requirement for rcd330+?

You want the RCD330+ programmed with either carplay or the android equivalent. The RCD330+ has the bluetooth module and mic built in. You can get em for under A$300 on ebay. It has no CD player but who really cares these days...

Look for the one that has factory carplay as opposed to being upgraded afterwards. What Seebe said.

Users Country Flag
    Yep, all that. For older cars you get a fancy colour screen, bluetooth and CarPlay/AndroidAuto all in one unit very cheaply. You are now reliant on your phone for mapping which could be a concern, but data is cheap! (and there are apps with local maps anyway if needed).

If it was for one of my cars I'd mod in the rear USB port rather than having a cable hanging out the front, but otherwise it's a pretty bloody good upgrade... and did anyone mention it's totally plug and play with only 4 screws and the stock cables.

Not sure if there are any CANBUS issues on the MK5, something to double check.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk R View Post
    You want the RCD330+ programmed with either carplay or the android equivalent. The RCD330+ has the bluetooth module and mic built in. You can get em for under A$300 on ebay. It has no CD player but who really cares these days...

Look for the one that has factory carplay as opposed to being upgraded afterwards. What Seebe said.
    How would that rcd330+ go in a mark 6(2009) highline i need to get a handsfree kit for my daughter (teenagers and their phones...)

Is ebay a good option and how easy to install? i can be quite fumblefingered at times and don't wanna stuff things up

Thanks guys
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag
    I've not done this upgrade personally (yet) but have done plenty of RNS and other head unit installs for myself and others. It's pretty idiot proof, four screws and the quadlock plug, bam that's it.
    As for which model, read the other thread (which I can't link to at the moment because I'm on my phone, but I'm sure someone will help me out...) to get the recommended one.

edit: This link: Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+
    Last edited by The_Hawk; 21-08-2017 at 10:41 AM.

GTD

RNS315? There maybe a few cheap ones of these floating around on fleabay. Small screen but feature packed otherwise.

Cheers dave

Try a wrecker for the interior bits - GMS Spares (02) 9774 5184.
    Radio unit as above.
    Speakers - I just purchased Focal IFVW to upgrade the front, should arrive tomorrow, but look promising!
    2007 MY08 VW Golf MKV R32 Blue 6M 3-Door
    2006 9N3 VW Polo GTI White 5M 3-Door

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by xc17ed View Post
    Try a wrecker for the interior bits - GMS Spares (02) 9774 5184.
    Radio unit as above.
    Speakers - I just purchased Focal IFVW to upgrade the front, should arrive tomorrow, but look promising!
    Thanks mate will do let us know how you go
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324