Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf R vs APR stage 1 Quattro A3 2.0t

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Finance_Analyst View Post
    a true enthusiast wouldn't drive an audi
    Your comment invites argument

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ideo View Post
    You do realise that most Audis/VWs share the same platform, right?
    Hence what I said earlier - you buy a new Audi at an Audi/BMW/Mercedes Benz premium prices new, but you sell next time at VW prices.

The used car market does not seem to appreciate any 'value add' Audi does over VW products, as BMW and Mercedes have no 'cheap imitation' so Audi resale values are terrible relative to its German rivals. VW is the thinking man's Audi, Audi is for the person who wants the badge and kudos BMW and Mercedes drivers enjoy.
    Current ride: 2014 Range Rover Evoque 5 Door TD4 Pure | 9 Spd Auto | Fuji White | Black Leather | 19 inch 'Dynamic' Wheels

Previous rides: MY11.5 Golf GTI 5 door | DSG | Candy White | 18' Detriots | Bluetooth | K&N Air Filter | Dancing Dials (Oh Yeah!)
    | 1989 Porsche 944S2 Coupe| Guards Red| Leather| Sunroof| LSD

Users Country Flag
    Hence what I said earlier - you buy a new Audi at an Audi/BMW/Mercedes Benz premium prices new, but you sell next time at VW prices.

The used car market does not seem to appreciate any 'value add' Audi does over VW products, as BMW and Mercedes have no 'cheap imitation' so Audi resale values are terrible relative to its German rivals. VW is the thinking man's Audi, Audi is for the person who wants the badge and kudos BMW and Mercedes drivers enjoy.
    ^ this

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by brimway View Post
    Your comment invites argument
    I would love to see an enthusiast in a A1....
    Current ride: 2014 Range Rover Evoque 5 Door TD4 Pure | 9 Spd Auto | Fuji White | Black Leather | 19 inch 'Dynamic' Wheels

Previous rides: MY11.5 Golf GTI 5 door | DSG | Candy White | 18' Detriots | Bluetooth | K&N Air Filter | Dancing Dials (Oh Yeah!)

Users Country Flag
    I would love to see an enthusiast in a A1....

How about an RS4?

Users Country Flag
    and same pistons / hoses / brake components / etc... open up the bonnet / look under the car / take off the wheels and look closer on the brakes / drivetrain parts... you will see both audi and vw logos on many parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ideo View Post
    You do realise that most Audis/VWs share the same platform, right?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by brimway View Post
    How about an RS4?
    maybe but still a 4 door??? RS5 not as well received as M3 or C63 in general. R8 had its time in the sun from 07-09 (modern day Honda NSX - great car, underrated many) but the real enthusiasts still prefer the 911 Carrera I say, although a few may be real estate agents getting around town in them.

Would you guys 'step up' from a GTI to a slightly older S3 if the change over isn't much?

Users Country Flag
    I think I would - ask yourself if you would upgrade from a GTI to an R and if the answers is Yes, then you should get the S3. It does lack the revised/improved Haldex AWD but unless you are a track junkie you'd be hard pressed to notice any difference.

I think Audis do tend to look modern for longer than their equivalent VW generation counterparts in general; if you look at the Mk V Golf for instance, the A3 already looked newer and they still haven't changed the styling much. Just my opinion anyway. Also they are built in Germany, so the general quality of the assembly will be more consistent, but I believe Mk 6's are also built in Germany now?

Users Country Flag

you are taking the piss right..?
    Current Ride: MY 16 Daytona Pearl Grey Audi S3- Performance Pack 1, Sunroof and Driver assist

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast