Support VWWC

Thread: Golf MK6 Cabriolet parts for GTI MK6 hatch?

Users Country Flag

Golf MK6 Cabriolet parts for GTI MK6 hatch?

Hi I'm looking at buying these LED taillights for my GTI MK6 hatch. Will these fit?

I understand i will get the bulb out error but just wondering if there is any other issue that I could encounter as it is a cab not a hatch.

This is the description;
    "2012 VOLKSWAGEN - GOLF L TAILLIGHT - (OUTER) GOLF 6 CONV 11/11-06/14 HELLA 2SD010970031 OE 5K7945207A 5K7945207B"

Also I know this should be on another thread, but, could anyone tell my why my mechanic would have filed off a serial number on a sensor? Basically what happened was that he said my intake flap sensor was faulty, which i knew it wasn't, it was the runner stopper, but i said ok replace it, on the proviso he gives me the old sensor back. He gave it back to me, but the serial number, audi logo, etc were all filed off. Seems dodgy to me.

Golf MK6 Cabriolet parts for GTI MK6 hatch?-screen-shot-2017-04-27-12-18-04-pm-png

thankyou in advance

Users Country Flag

Nope - unfortunately not mate. The taillights on the convertible are a different shape to those used on the hatch. I believe the inner lights are the same but the outer ones are definitely different.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler