Thread: Flashing DSG Gear indicator on dash flashing

Users Country Flag

Flashing DSG Gear indicator on dash flashing

Hi guys.
    Haven't posted in years, however, need help with my wife's MK6 77 Tsi. The gear selector indicator display on the dash is flashing and the car is doing its own thing changing gears. Not sure how long its been flashing as the wife wouldt notice until it stops going any help would be appreciated,. VW on the gold coast have suggested it could be the grear selector mechanism and has quoted $2200.00 for the new bit. Help please.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    So spoke to VW Australia and they are not interested as not on any recall list. Explained that in the USA they have included the MK6 in fixing the DSG issues. Car couldn't be moved today so had to have it put on tow truck and taken to James Frisells in Southport. They can't fix until new year and the guy in service department was very helpful and said he would get it onto the diagnostic OBD as soon as possible so I have some idea of the fix cost. He thinks it is probably the "magnetron thingy" wrong spelling. Cost of new one will be around $2500.00 fitted if that the issue. 4 hour fitting job if this is the issue so not to bad me thinks. So now we are going to get a new Polo as they have a 1.8% interest rate deal and that's a comparison rate. Bloody excellent. Manual base model $16900. On the road.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bing56 View Post
    So spoke to VW Australia and they are not interested as not on any recall list. Explained that in the USA they have included the MK6 in fixing the DSG issues. Car couldn't be moved today so had to have it put on tow truck and taken to James Frisells in Southport. They can't fix until new year and the guy in service department was very helpful and said he would get it onto the diagnostic OBD as soon as possible so I have some idea of the fix cost. He thinks it is probably the "magnetron thingy" wrong spelling. Cost of new one will be around $2500.00 fitted if that the issue. 4 hour fitting job if this is the issue so not to bad me thinks. So now we are going to get a new Polo as they have a 1.8% interest rate deal and that's a comparison rate. Bloody excellent. Manual base model $16900. On the road.

Good idea put that repair money towards a brand newie well done
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages