Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EPC warning light

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    I experienced this scenario yesterday, EPC and engine light came on.
    Though mine behaved slightly different. I have a 2010 Golf GTI and it had been parked most of the day.
    Started fine as I left my nephews house, had driven maybe 5k's, popped it back a gear to overtake.....Whammo!
    The engine started to miss, like it had dropped a cylinder or plug. Very sluggish, like little to no pick up.
    I immediately noticed both warning lights flashing and pulled up as soon as it was safe to do so.
    Quick phone call to VW service and the guy says, "sounds like you've lost a coil pack"......
    Did a quick engine check while on the phone to see if she was loosing water or oil, all good there.
    Engine temp for oil and water were as "normal".
    Quoted over the phone to replace the full set @ $500 including check??
    It's booked in for next Monday, thankfully I do NOT have to drive anywhere until then. LOL
    That's more like the kind of description to diagnose a faulty coil pack. Save yourself $300 and buy them direct from the link i put a post or two above.

Users Country Flag

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    That's more like the kind of description to diagnose a faulty coil pack. Save yourself $300 and buy them direct from the link i put a post or two above.
    Cheers Lucas. Yeah, I would've used your link but kinda needed them quickly.
    I know online is pretty much the way things are now, but I still like the thought of local shops carrying most parts a guy could need....sadly, not always the case.
    I mean, to wait until next Monday would've done, but I need to use my car on Saturday.
    Anyway, after half a dozen phone calls to various part outlets, I got a set (or will have tomorrow) for $280
    One supplier quoted $540............more expensive than OEM. lol
    Still, 280 is better than giving VW 500 (possibly more?) so still saving a little.
    Greg
    2015 Golf R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12