Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120
Results 1,191 to 1,199 of 1199

Thread: DSG: Problems, Questions, Likes and Dislikes

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoy View Post
    Was it the same when you were on a stock tune? It could just be DSG. I know DSG's don't like to "slip".
    Not too sure. I bought the car came with the tune. Just you have to be really gental on the gas pedal when reversing. Lucky it still works.

Has reset the DSG adpative just now, seems improved a bit, will keep on monitoring.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-1.8T View Post
    My mate has a 2011 Golf TSI with only 20,000kms.

His having issues with his DSG

Is he on his own or will VW help him?

Any DSG friendly dealers in Sydney people recommend?
    Barloworld VW Sydney came to the party and replaced the clutch free of charge.

Thank you VW Australia!!!
    2009 Volkswagen R36 Wagon
    1968 Audi F103 75L Coupe
    1966 Volkswagen Beetle Deluxe

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-1.8T View Post
    Barloworld VW Sydney came to the party and replaced the clutch free of charge.

Thank you VW Australia!!!
    Hi XXX,

Just wondering if you got in contact with Barloworld directly or went through VWA? I'm having the same issues with my vehicle. It was actually purchased from Barloworld in 2012.

Users Country Flag
    Hi folks, in the past couple of months, we've had some issues with our Golf 6 (2009 2.0TDi) and the DSG transmission slipping out of gear while driving.. It's happened to me during shifting previously but it's happened to my wife a few times recently too.. The most notably being this morning, driving down the freeway to Geelong at 100km/h and it just fell out of gear..
    I don't 100% remember, but pretty sure the dashboard shows that it's still in gear (D6 for instance).. If you shift back to S or flip over to manual change, it re-engages the gear... This is a bit of a worry though.
    Anyone had this particular issue before? i've seen some threads about clutch slipping and wonder if this is similar, same or something completely different.

Hi guys,

Looking for a solution for my faulty MK6R.

My MK6R could not start up (no crank no start) everytime when under hot sun or high temperature under the basement. On cold days, cold start, no issues. I could start up my car no issues on normal weather, however after driving for few hours and park under the hot sun, upon returning from shopping, car surely couldn't crank and no start.

Warning Lights came out - Engine light, Spanar, 'Depress Brake Pedal'

Basically, I have replaced the following but issues still persist:
    LPFP
    HPFP
    Charcoal Canister
    Charcoal Purge Valve
    ABS Pump
    Crankshaft sensor

I am running out of ideas on how to fix my hot MK6R.

Thanks guys!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by seankeith90 View Post
    Hi guys,

Looking for a solution for my faulty MK6R.

My MK6R could not start up (no crank no start) everytime when under hot sun or high temperature under the basement. On cold days, cold start, no issues. I could start up my car no issues on normal weather, however after driving for few hours and park under the hot sun, upon returning from shopping, car surely couldn't crank and no start.

Warning Lights came out - Engine light, Spanar, 'Depress Brake Pedal'

Basically, I have replaced the following but issues still persist:
    LPFP
    HPFP
    Charcoal Canister
    Charcoal Purge Valve
    ABS Pump
    Crankshaft sensor

I am running out of ideas on how to fix my hot MK6R.

Thanks guys!
    Have you got a scan tool, sounds like whatever that is would trigger a fault code?

Might be something as simple as a brake peddle switch or one of the other sensors that would prevent a crank.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MIG View Post
    Have you got a scan tool, sounds like whatever that is would trigger a fault code?

Might be something as simple as a brake peddle switch or one of the other sensors that would prevent a crank.
    DSG: Problems, Questions, Likes and Dislikes-whatsapp-image-2024-01-27-8-17-27-pm-jpg

These are the codes I got after scanning. The weird thing is this 'no crank no start' only happens on hot weather and temperature. On normal weather, car starts just fine and work as normal without any errors.

Could it be ECU problems?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by seankeith90 View Post

These are the codes I got after scanning. The weird thing is this 'no crank no start' only happens on hot weather and temperature. On normal weather, car starts just fine and work as normal without any errors.

Could it be ECU problems?

While it could be an ECU problem, actual issues with the ECU itself are rare.

With only that partial scan and no-fault details, eg the number of times triggered, it's hard to say.

But if I were to guess, it looks like the ignition comes on, and the DSG can't communicate with the ECU and logs a fault, now what is weird is the ECU has not logged a fault for the other way around (Unless you have cleared the faults), this would point in the direction that the ECU is not being powered when the no start condition is happing.

When the no crank happens, is the checkengine light on, on the dash? and do the thermo fans run full speed?

I would be checking power feeds to the ECU when the issue happens, could be a bad relay or corroded connection somewhere, If I recall correctly there was a TPI on the diesel Passats doing something like that and it was a bad connection in a fuse box.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120