Support VWWC

Page 116 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1199

Thread: DSG: Problems, Questions, Likes and Dislikes

Users Country Flag

What year... how much out of warranty, always dealer serviced ?

Will be $2500... but you do know it maybe a 5 yr warranty... depending on the year purchased ?
    Owner and Operator of 2013 Polo GTI - Sunroof - Xenons - Reflex Silver
    APR Stage 2 Tune - HP Carbon Airbox - Jetex Stainless Cat Back Exhaust - APR I/C
    Plus a few other bits and pieces.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyoshi View Post
    What year... how much out of warranty, always dealer serviced ?

Will be $2500... but you do know it maybe a 5 yr warranty... depending on the year purchased ?
    The car is a 2011 (just after the recall that extended to Sep 2011) build, MY12. It's now nearly 2.5 years out of warranty, serviced with independents.

I've booked the car in with a dealer, as they will warrant the any new mechatronics/labour for 2 years. Maybe they'll be generous and try to submit a claim with VWA.

Users Country Flag
    Just an update, I took the car to a dealer and they diagnosed a worn selector fork (metal chunks in the oil apparently) which subsequently took out the mechatronics unit. VW provided goodwill cover for parts and 60% labour, so I was approx $500 out of pocket.

Overall not a bad result, considering I now have a new mechatronics unit, rebuilt internals and 2 years warranty on the work done. The car is now smooth like new.

Hey guys this is my first post and hopefully I'm posting in the right place? If not mods please feel freeway to move it. I'll start by saying thanks to the mods for approving my membership.

I've recently purchased a 2009 mk6 2.0tdi DSG. The previous owner was quite deceitful when asked if there were any issues with the gearbox (anyway that is my fault for being too trusting). Basically the car won't select reverse and will only do so once the ignition is cycled/ turned off/on. I have scanned the vehicle at work with our modus scan tool and the code that keeps reoccurring is 19143 or p2711 and get the feeling it is related to the mechatronics unit at fault.

So rather than forking out for a new mechatronics unit I'm considering replacing the whole box with a good second hand unit from a 2011 2.0tdi. I believe both DSG's are DQ250's (six speed wet clutch boxes?) but the problem is the three letter code on my existing box is LQU or LQV (label in the boot is hard to read) and the donor box has MFL.

So I'm really hoping someone who has some experience in swapping these boxes can offer me some advice. I've spoken with Vw dealerships and they said No but then I've also spoken to a couple of Vw guys that run their own businesses and they tell me it can be hit and miss? Both having stories of it working and others worked but missing features like cruise control etc... Is there a chart that shows compatibility between the three letter codes maybe? Happy to hear of your experiences.

im a mechanic so I'll be doing the work myself but I don't really want to go through all that trouble only to have to pull it back out

thanks for reading guys/girls.
    Cheers Josh.

Users Country Flag
    I believe those codes are related to the bell housing of the gearbox. Some codes are interchangeable. For example a Passat and golf can have the same dq250 but different bell housings. You need to check etka or a parts database to see if the codes you quoted are of the same group.

Users Country Flag

DSG: Problems, Questions, Likes and Dislikes

Lqv is the code you are seeing...

Last edited by Rawcpoppa; 18-07-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Users Country Flag

Looks like mfl should work however to confirm you should try to match the PR codes just to be sure.
    Last edited by Rawcpoppa; 22-07-2017 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Clearer pics

Ahh that's great information there Rawcpoppa, thanks very much for your response. I feel more confident to go for it. Please excuse my ignorance, what are PR codes?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
    Ahh that's great information there Rawcpoppa, thanks very much for your response. I feel more confident to go for it. Please excuse my ignorance, what are PR codes?
    This gives a small description of what PR codes are:

How to find your PR Codes

By the way have you checked out the cost of used mechatronics vs an entire used gearbox and mechatronic unit?

It would appear the PR codes shown in etka for the lqv and mlf are related to emissions.

Chances are once the 2011 2.0 TDI dsg is from another golf in Australia it should work since it's likely they both carry the same emissions standard requirement.

Here is a PDF with a bunch of codes so you can understand what the different options lqv and mlf can come with.

http://vag-codes.info/files/options/...tion-codes.pdf
    Last edited by Rawcpoppa; 18-07-2017 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Pr code PDF and screenshots

My Mk7 90tsi has had constant issues with the DSG since purchase. Car has travelled 72000 km, is driven conservatively and has been regularly serviced by VW. My vehicle received a new clutch pack Oct 16 due to excessive noise during acceleration from a standing start, mostly on an incline. In Jan 17 the mechatronic unit failed which resulted in a 4WD nearly ploughing into the rear of my vehicle. In Jun 17, the DSG unit failed again and a new clutch pack was fitted. During test driving, the VW technician advised that there was still an issue with the DSG so an entire new gearbox is going to be installed. During the three years of ownership my Golf has spent between 4 to 6 weeks in a service centre being repaired each calendar year.

I have also had electrical problems: stop/start fail, tyre pressure warning fault, active cruise control fault, ABS fault, Nav System faults, Handbrake error and the list goes on. On three occasions the emergency braking system has activated without warning. One of these events resulted in me being rear ended and the at fault driver accusing me of brake testing him. It was a $7000 repair and a nightmare ensured between the insurance companies over liabilty.

My correspondence with VWA has mostly been ignored and in my experience the customer service support is appalling. Its my first and last VW and my advice is to look elsewhere. Good luck to you all.

Page 116 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast