Support VWWC

Thread: DSG driving me crazy

DSG driving me crazy

Hi guys, i was working on a faulty front light globe yesterday and disconnected the battery.
    This morning going to go to work i found the car will start but wont engage gears. The level moves up and down and the display light comes on the gear selector but nothing. The car just revs like it ins neutral, in any gear.
    Had top get a uber to work!

Also there is a spanner flashing on the dash where the gear display is.

Anyone have a clue whats going on here and can offer some advice.

Thanks for any help.

Wally
    Last edited by wally2; 19-02-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Users Country Flag
    I would ensure the car is in Park, handbrake on, ignition fully off key out and do another battery ground cable removal.

Once the system is disconnected: push on the brake pedal to activate the rear lights and ensure the system is without any residual charge. Leave it for 10 minutes. re-energise the system. Try again.

Users Country Flag
    I had a similar issue this morning but mine wouldn't engage reverse. I drove the car and came home and was trying to reverse into my driveway. Car just revved but wouldn't engage reverse. Turned it off and started again and it worked but want to sort it out before I get stuck somewhere.
    Golf R 5 door, DSG, EVOMS CAI, TXS DP, Recode Tune.

Users Country Flag
    try get it to dealer mate, thats messed up.

Users Country Flag
    There is a re-learn procedure for these 7-speed dry-clutch boxes that should fix this.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag

Hey , just look at the log books and see when the service last took place on the DSG around 70K mark. Would be the more expensive one $1000 +

It helps to know what car is it ? Model engine number etc. Look at your codes in the back tire compartment on the left wall. Or in your books.

It might be simple oil top up in the gearbox. If worse option it could be your VW golf mechatronic unit and might need adaptation or replacement.

It also helps if you can get someone with VAG cable to scan the car for ya. DSG can be affected from number of directions ECU, ABS, ..etc
    All require coding.

Hope its none of those , check your oil first..

al