Support VWWC

Thread: Doors & sunroof randomly opening on own when parked - any ideas

Users Country Flag

Doors & sunroof randomly opening on own when parked - any ideas

Hi all, every now and again whilst parked up my v6 will drop all her windows and open her sunroof.

It's the exact opposite of the 'close on rain' tweak as she did it again when last night in heavy rain.

She responds fine to the long press on the key for all open on unlock and all close on unlock, stopping action as soon as you release button.

Has anyone see this before or any ideas please?

Any advice much appreciated.
    Malc

Hi Malc

I've had this a couple of times on my 2017 Tiguan. I'm not completely sure the buttons hasn't been accidentally held on the fob in my pocket while walking away but I don't think this is the case. Let us know if this keeps happening with you.
    I'm planning on getting a key fob case to rule this out/solve the issue dependant on which it is.

Are the doors unlocking and staying unlocked or is it only the windows?

If so there may be a glitch because even if you were to accidentally press the fob to unlock and not open a door, your vehicle should re-lock after a minute or so even if the windows are down.

My cook got caught with our 06 Golf while carrying gear into work and accidentally pressing on the fob in her pocket only to discover after work a pool of water on the front seats, all windows half down on a rare day of rain. Doors & sunroof randomly opening on own when parked - any ideas

I have heard in the past of an Amarok doing a similar thing as yours (not sunroof obviously Doors & sunroof randomly opening on own when parked - any ideas) but I can't remember what the upshot was in the end.

Cheers dave