Thread: Disable DRL's without coding - Mk6 GTI 2012

Users Country Flag

Disable DRL's without coding - Mk6 GTI 2012

Hi guys,

I recently purchased and installed new LED headlights for my car and now have the bulb out error on the dash. Was just wondering if there is a way to disable the DRL's as that's what causes the error. I don't have the MFD option like most people, and the indicator / high beam trick (unless I'm doing it wrong) doesn't work either. I was told that disabling the DRL function would remove the bulb error, but all the normal ways don't work.

Would removing my euroswitch and covering the DRL pin work, or should I just find someone in Brisbane that can help me code out the error?

Thanks all

Picture for reference

Users Country Flag
    Disabling factory DRL's is illegal for starters
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    According to the guy I bought them off, disabling the DRL's via the MFD / indicator method would remove the bulb error but the lights would actually stay on.

I'll just find someone that can code the error out for me if possible. Otherwise it's not too big of a deal, the orange error is quite distracting though.

Users Country Flag
    Wasn’t it indicator stalk up and forward then turn ignition switch on and wait for the bing to disable dlrs on the mk6, (worked on my old 2009)

Users Country Flag

Here is the reply i got from QLD TMR regarding disabling Daytime running lights. Dont shoot the messenger

Any lighting on a motor vehicle needs to meet the Australian Design Rules (ADRs). Volkswagen has complied the vehicle to the ADR’s and any lights that have been fitted must operate the way it was supplied to market. ADR 13 is the relevant ADR for the fitment of lights to a vehicle.
    Also there is a state rule that states the vehicle must meet the ADR’s and in the vehicle standards Code of Practice states that any light fitted to a vehicle must be operational as per the manufacturers standards. Link attached for your reference Third Edition Australian Design Rules
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan