Support VWWC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Coming Home" function - how to use?

Quote Originally Posted by coreying View Post
    When I got my GTI - I sat IN MY CAR in the garage and read the manual so I could try everything out... GTI with leather is such a nice place to be
    This is my plan exactly!

On that... is there an online source for the GTI manual, so I can do homework before my car arrives?
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

I already posted this website which is giving You some instructions ... just select Your car (GTI) and watch

http://www.ownerwelcome.com/
    MY16 GTI 40

Quote Originally Posted by MIRSAD View Post
    I already posted this website which is giving You some instructions ... just select Your car (GTI) and watch

http://www.ownerwelcome.com/
    Thanks Mirsad! That intro video is gold!
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag

Coming home lights not working

Any ideas how to fix this? The option is selected to have them come on for 30s but the past couple of nights when I've got home this hasn't happened. It's working fine leaving home. Any ideas?
    Cheers
    Dave

Users Country Flag
    I had the same problem, the Mk 5 did it but not my Mk 6. Spoke to the dealer at my 12 month service and you have to switch it on via the, I think, indicator stalk with the ignition on or something like that. I have it written down at home and I'm sure I found it in the manual as well. Still haven't got around to turning it on. I also had it switched on via the dashboard display and thought it was a fault. Have a look in the manual or I'll reply again when I can find where I wrote it down!!
    2010 Mk VI GTI-Red/Manual/Detroits/Park assist/Leather/MDI/Sunroof/Bi-Xenons/Chassis Control/Elec Driver's seat/5 Door/Tint
    2009 Triumph Street Triple R Matte Blazing Orange
    1971 Mini Clubman GT

Users Country Flag
    Flick the high beams before getting out of the car. When you open the door, the lights come on for the set time.
    Pepper Grey MY11 TIGUAN 125 TSI DSG | APR Stage 1 | Comfort Pack | Carpet Mats | MDI | BT | Tint | Custom Audio

If you have VCDS you can change it so that you don't have to flick the high beams, etc. They never worked on my car (automatically) until I played with the setting on the laptop. Now I just have to put up with friendly strangers telling me I've left my lights on (Don't all new cars (above a certain price) have auto-headlights yet)?

Users Country Flag
    I believe your light switch dial needs to be set to Auto mode. Mine does not work either if the lights are on parkers, or turned all the way on.

Users Country Flag
    Don't you love forums... ask a question, get 3 different answers, and only 1 of them is right
    (And Ryan_R providing useful info about being able to change it via VCDS! hehe)

Of course, you can confirm in the owners manual

You could also have done a search on "coming home" and found the answer in the thread in which I've merged yours....
    Last edited by Corey_R; 22-09-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Users Country Flag

Thanks for the responses

But I really don't see the point in having this feature if u got to remember to flick the lights before getting out of the car? Doesn't make any sense to me

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast