Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Clutch is slipping!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkey_18 View Post
    I put the Sachs racing clutch in mine and retained the dual mass flywheel. Awesome set up.

Mine slipped with a stock APR stage 1 tune had 65000kms on it.

Only thing to note though is because i pushed it when it was slipping, i destroyed the factory flywheel and cost me a small penny to replace.

Although the sachs racing clutch feels like the OEM pedal, it can get tempermental in stop/start traffic
    Thanks for the reply mate. Yeah i'm driving like a bit of a nanny at the moment to be super cautious and try and avoid that.

When did you order your Sachs and if I can, could you let me know the part number and who you ordered it through? I'm looking at going through Sachs directly as it seems to be the cheapest.

How do you mean temperamental? Does it not want to engage in start/stop traffic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Also keen for a reply on this ^

Mine is at 122k now and been on stage 2+ since 10k, and only sometimes slip in 4th/5th/6th. I will be replacing the DMF with a new one anyway, but keen to look at other disc and cover options.
    | 2016 VW Golf R 7 | DSG | Pure White | Leather | Sunroof | Driver Assist | JB4 |
    | 2003 VW Golf SE | Auto | Silver | Sunroof |
    | 2010 VW Golf R 6 | Manual | Leather | ACC | 19s | Black Pack | GIAC Stage 2+ |

Users Country Flag
    Just go for the HS Tuning RSR kit which is basically the clutch out of the Audi TTRS. HS Tuning make a kit to suit the Mk6 GTI, Mk6 R and also the Mk7's. HS Tuning RSR 2.0T Clutch Kit - HSTRSR1
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by CraigR View Post
    Also keen for a reply on this ^

Mine is at 122k now and been on stage 2+ since 10k, and only sometimes slip in 4th/5th/6th. I will be replacing the DMF with a new one anyway, but keen to look at other disc and cover options.
    Hey mate I've ordered and received the Sachs SRE clutch kit for my Mk6 R. It's going on the car in two weeks time so I'll let you know how it feels as soon as I've driven the car.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by propellerhead92 View Post
    Hey mate I've ordered and received the Sachs SRE clutch kit for my Mk6 R. It's going on the car in two weeks time so I'll let you know how it feels as soon as I've driven the car.
    Sweet - Thanks mate! Would you also mind disclosing what you paid for the clutch delivered, and how much it was for installation? Will you be replacing the gearbox bolts, throwout bearing and flywheel?
    | 2016 VW Golf R 7 | DSG | Pure White | Leather | Sunroof | Driver Assist | JB4 |
    | 2010 VW Golf R 6 | Manual | Leather | ACC | 19s | Black Pack | GIAC Stage 2+ |

Quote Originally Posted by CraigR View Post
    Sweet - Thanks mate! Would you also mind disclosing what you paid for the clutch delivered, and how much it was for installation? Will you be replacing the gearbox bolts, throwout bearing and flywheel?
    Hey mate I've sent you a pm.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by propellerhead92 View Post
    Hey mate I've sent you a pm.
    Thanks a lot mate! Appreciate that!

Users Country Flag
    The clutch was ordered and installed through BWA at seven Hills.

By tempermental i mean when you are in constant stop start traffic, after constantly lifting your foot on and off the clutch, it becomes very direct in its engagement/disengaging which means a small creep forward turns into a launch.

I guess thats the price to pay for having a HD clutch they are never going to be a smooth as an OEM clutch...

Users Country Flag
    Hi folks. My clutch is also slipping after a stage 1 tune. I don't want to spend extra on a single mass flywheel if I don't have to. I am thinking of a SACHs clutch plate and pressure plate. Does anyone know someone in Brissy or Gold Coast who could assess my flywheel and also supply and fit the SACHs clutch? Appreciate any feedback or help. Cheers.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SimonJe View Post
    Hi folks. My clutch is also slipping after a stage 1 tune. I don't want to spend extra on a single mass flywheel if I don't have to. I am thinking of a SACHs clutch plate and pressure plate. Does anyone know someone in Brissy or Gold Coast who could assess my flywheel and also supply and fit the SACHs clutch? Appreciate any feedback or help. Cheers.
    Reviving an old thread here.

Am in this very same situation. In need of a performance clutch for my mk7 Golf R to be used with existing DMF.

Can anyone recommend any places supply? Will have VW do the install.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast