Support VWWC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Check Deadlock message

Users Country Flag

Check Deadlock message

Hi all!! Long time viewer...first time poster!! Picked my Golf R yesterday...absolutely love it!! I've owned it for 26 hours and driven 300 kms!! One thing that's bugging me a bit though, when I turn the car off I'm getting a CHECK DEADLOCK! OWNERS MANUAL! message. I've referred to the owners manual and nothing is written about the message, as far as I can tell (verified by the red light on the drivers door) the deadlock system is working ok! Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Users Country Flag
    its just a reminder that deadlock is on. in case you lock the car with kids in it they cant get out. you need to press the lock button twice to turn it off, but it only works that one time.

ive been told it cant permanently be switched off. but others may have found a way

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by spfh84 View Post
    Hi all!! Long time viewer...first time poster!! Picked my Golf R yesterday...absolutely love it!! I've owned it for 26 hours and driven 300 kms!! One thing that's bugging me a bit though, when I turn the car off I'm getting a CHECK DEADLOCK! OWNERS MANUAL! message. I've referred to the owners manual and nothing is written about the message, as far as I can tell (verified by the red light on the drivers door) the deadlock system is working ok! Any ideas would be much appreciated!
    The locking system is covered in my new GTD's manual, and as buzuki stated, the MFD message seems to be a reminder that a normal one-click of the remote will always deadlock it, meaning that anyone inside can't get out (short of smashing a window) and anyone who breaks in still can't open a door. However, if you give two clicks on the remote, it will be locked, but not dead-locked.

Is this only for the MY12? I don't get this msg for my MY10 but does it also have this functionality?
    MkVI Golf GTI | Candy White | DSG | Leather | Bi-xenon | Sunroof | Dynaudio | Park Assist | MDI | Tint | FINALLY RECEIVED!!

Users Country Flag
    You may not get the message, but your car has the functionality. As far as I'm aware all MK6 Golf's operate in this manner.

Cool, another thing I learnt about my car today does Mk5 Golfs behave the same way or only Mk6?
    MkVI Golf GTI | Candy White | DSG | Leather | Bi-xenon | Sunroof | Dynaudio | Park Assist | MDI | Tint | FINALLY RECEIVED!!

I get the deadlock message on my MY12. I'm actually glad it popped up, sometimes I leave the kids in the car when I run in to the shops etc so now I'll be sure to leave the keys with them!

Users Country Flag
    The deadlock message is for when you lock the car with the remote, not if you just leave it (at least that is what happens with my MY11 Caddy. If I lock it with the remote, then anyone inside cannot get out. If I do not lock the car, then it stays unlocked.

Users Country Flag
    yeah thats right. it also so if someone smashes the window, they cant open the door.

Quote Originally Posted by wai View Post
    The deadlock message is for when you lock the car with the remote, not if you just leave it (at least that is what happens with my MY11 Caddy. If I lock it with the remote, then anyone inside cannot get out. If I do not lock the car, then it stays unlocked.
    Hi wai,

Yep, I usually lock the car with the kids in it so I know no one can get in while I'm not there, however with the MK6 I have to be careful as they couldn't get out if something happened such as a fire etc god forbid. I actually did this on Friday and didn't realise the car has ultrasonic sensors, with the kids jumping around in the car they set the alarm off, it scared the crap out of them A quick look at the manual showed the ultrasonic disable switch, another mental note I need to remember!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast