Support VWWC

Thread: CD Error. Check Disc

Users Country Flag

CD Error. Check Disc

Hello,

Hope you can help with suggestions. I don't use the CD player very often, but it has just stopped working - won't play music, won't eject discs. It takes a while when I press any buttons and eventually comes up with "CD Error. Check Disc.:

Can't check any of the Discs as they won't eject!

MDI music won't play for more than a few seconds when I finally get into that option (as it is mostly stuck on thinking/working on the CD player) before it detects a CD player fault and goes into a loop again.

Anyone know how I can get the CDs (four slots filled) out of the unit and what it might cost to replace/repair?

Many thanks.
    2010 MY11 Mk VI Golf GTI [5Dr|DSG|Carbon Steel|MDI|Bluetooth|Street Legal Tint]
    2008 Chrysler Grand Voyager Touring [Diesel|[COLOR="black"]Black[/COLOR

Users Country Flag

CD Error. Check Disc

Sounds like a perfect time for an upgrade to the RCD330+!

If you’re keen you could remove the unit and take to it with a screw driver to open it up and carefully remove the CD(s) and try it again in the hopes that you notice some dust or something causing the problem. Maybe you end up with a unit without a working CD player, but at least it’s a free repair. Beyond that it’s probably not worth fixing.

Plenty of cheapies rcd510s floating about, but like I said I’d probably opt for the 330+ if I had to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

I had a burnt cd in mine - which had a paper label attached. Played it once only then left it in the player.

When parked in the sun the label melted. Next time I started the car - CD player starts having a sook.

I disconnected and re-connected the battery a few times - causing the player to reset - which eventually caused the bad disk to be spat out.

Might be worth a chance?