Support VWWC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Acceleration Hesitation

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rawcpoppa View Post
    Does vw run different tunes for each country's fuel?

Over here we only have access to RON 95 and the cavd runs without any issues in 25-36 deg c weather with fuel having a higher sulphur content than that found your 95 and 98 petrol.
    My Jetta CAVD says 98 and in small brackets (95). Says I should only use 95 when 98 is unavailable.

However other Golf CAVD engines only require 95.

ouch... that sucks.

The earlier files from VW ran close to lambda 1 under full boost .93 or something that I posted in another forum. Basically it never went below a 14:1 AFR ............not a good idea on our Aussie fake 98 let alone 95.
    I've logged another stock MY12 last week and it was pretty lean coming on boost but OK in the top end so they've definitely modified things quite a bit now. Still there must be quite a lot of cars still out there unfixed and on Friday I was cringing at the sound of one rattling past me with owner blissfully unaware of the thousands of marbles I could hear bouncing around under her bonnet

Users Country Flag
    I get a feeling a lot of people simply ignore the fuel octane recommendation becausetightarseaussies.

I know my father always ran his 2.5RX on ULP despite the manual saying 95ron. My sister runs her 147tsi EOS on ULP because "I don't drive as fast as you do" (which is untrue - I just don't slow down much for corners).

So between trying to "save money"on fuel & VWs marginal tune these 1.4twinchargers don't have much hope
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

I did get this fixed awhile back. It ended up being a cracked plug & faulty coil pack. Dealer replaced them all under warranty.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123