Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 60,000km Servicing Costs

Users Country Flag

The previous owners of my manual '10 GTI paid $839.30 to Lennock Motors in Canberra for the dealer 60K service in July this year. Costs on top of a normal oil and filter type change were new spark plugs ($106.20), fuel filter ($56.45) and front wiper blades ($84.80 for the pair).

Well now someone has merged a 118TSI thread with a GTI - they're going to have very different servicing costs @ 60,000kms depending on the transmission type.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    Well now someone has merged a 118TSI thread with a GTI - they're going to have very different servicing costs @ 60,000kms depending on the transmission type.
    There is nothing GTI- or 118-specific about this thread. And the servicing costs between the models should be generally comparable (excluding the DQ250 wet-clutch DSG-specific service, which is usually in excess of $600). I'm sure that readers will be able to understand and appreciate this disparity.
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag
    60k service just recently was about $900ish at my preferred VW dealer. I was quoted about $1200 but ended up around $900 on account of me receiving fleet pricing (which I believe is basically "trade" pricing)

This included the DSG service. The DSG oil is like $100 per litre and it takes about 5 or 6 litres from memory.

Hope that helps.
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Users Country Flag
    Just did my 60 000 with my trusty Euro mechanic (car is out of warranty). I provided recommended oil and genuine oil filter. He inspected spark plugs and other bits and pieces that needed to be done and said there is absolutely no reason to do them at 60 000km so will be done at 75 000. Pay for what the car actually needs done, rather than what VW WANTS you to do at their dealerships.

Users Country Flag
    So you're essentially prolonging the inevitable?
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    So you're essentially prolonging the inevitable?
    I'm not suggesting that not following the service schedule is a good idea, but the above comment is hardly helpful. If dsuhiti plans on keeping their car for a prolonged period and doesn't need to change specific parts as frequently, obviously their costs will be lower in the long run (assuming no additional wear and tear on the car as a result of delaying new parts, and dependent on when - within the longer servicing cycle - the car is sold).

If you are suggesting the poster should follow the recommended service schedule, why not just say that?
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag
    No all I'm saying is that it doesnt matter if you do it now or later. It still needs to be done, and will probably cost the same.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    No all I'm saying is that it doesnt matter if you do it now or later. It still needs to be done, and will probably cost the same.
    Well it does matter, it saves money in the long run. Would you get more value for money if you drive 30 000km on a set of tyres or 50 000km? Same principal here..

Depends when you plan on selling the car I guess

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast