Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2.0TDI temperature problems.

Users Country Flag

I have a series 6 tdi with 140k on it, and it takes 15 min in morning to come up to temp(90c) if i have heater working it takes 20 will blow warm air from 3 or 4 min and then you can get hot air from about 10 min
    i live in the hills of melb appox 300 mtr abouve sea lvl so gets cold in winter with a 30 min 35km drive to work in morning the times i have given are for winter in summer i get temp in about 10 min

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    I have a series 6 tdi with 140k on it, and it takes 15 min in morning to come up to temp(90c) if i have heater working it takes 20 will blow warm air from 3 or 4 min and then you can get hot air from about 10 min
    i live in the hills of melb appox 300 mtr abouve sea lvl so gets cold in winter with a 30 min 35km drive to work in morning the times i have given are for winter in summer i get temp in about 10 min
    Our dealership didn’t know that they had 2 thermostats we took it back a few times to get it fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users Country Flag
    We have a current model 135TDI and 140TDI, and both take 8km of highway driving to get up to temperature. My wife's 2016 Golf GTI takes only 2km. Are all the current TDI's the same?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ToomanyVWs View Post
    We have a current model 135TDI and 140TDI, and both take 8km of highway driving to get up to temperature. My wife's 2016 Golf GTI takes only 2km. Are all the current TDI's the same?
    Yup my 135kw tdi alltrack takes about the same in the morning to get to temp i think its because they are a large heavy lump of cast iron to take the pounding that diesel ignition creates it just takes longer to warm all that metal up verses the thin walled and alloy head petrol motors which conduct the heat of combustion much quicker
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12